Radiesse is a facial filler comprised of calcium hydroxylapatite microspheres. When injected beneath your skin, these microspheres provide immediate results by acting as a support structure for wrinkled or sunken skin. They also simultaneously stimulate your own natural collagen production to produce long-lasting results.
Radiesse can be used to treat several areas of your face, including:
- Smile lines – nasolabial folds that run from your nose down to the corners of your mouth
- Marionette lines– these creases run straight down your chin from the corners of your mouth
- Frown lines– these lines turn the corners of your lips downward, giving you a perpetually angry appearance
- Pre-jowl– this area is on either side of your chin and can become hollow, even as other parts of your jawline sag
- Chin wrinkles– horizontal wrinkles that form on the chin
To speak with Dr. Rai about whether Radiesse is the right dermal filler to treat your lines and wrinkles, call (972) 392-3511 today.
Juvederm® vs Radiesse®
Juvederm and Radiesse both offer the most consistently safe, effective and long-lasting results of all the dermal fillers on the market today. For the most part, Juvederm and Radiesse are interchangeable and will both give you the facial enhancements you are looking for. Both treatments are appropriate for:
- Correction of nasolabial folds
- Marionette grooves
- Tear trough correction
Juvederm is a non-animal stabilized hyaluronic acid gel, available in two different syringe sizes. A single treatment can last up to 6 months.
Radiesse is unsuitable for lip enhancement. It can form nodules within the lips. So Juvederm is the better choice for treatment of the lips.
Radiesse is made of calcium hydroxylapatite microspheres suspended in a gel solution. It is also available in two syringe sizes and can last up to 12 months.
To discuss which injectable will best serve your needs, call (972) 392-3511 today to schedule your consultation with Dr. Rai.
*Individual results may vary