Annual Meeting of the ASPS
One of the professional associations that Dr. Rai belongs to is the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). The ASPS Annual Meeting will be between October 31 and Nov 5 this year, in Chicago, and the attendance estimate is 6,000 doctors. ASPS membership is about 6,700.
Plastic surgery of the future will be highlighted. There will be reports on research results, demonstrations of new technology, and ideas on new procedures.
- Reports on how facial injuries sustained by our soldiers in Iraq have been repaired, and how these techniques can be used for assault or accident victims
- How fat injections can enhance breast reconstruction
- Facial re-animation procedures to restore a lost ability to smile
- Ideas on body contouring after massive weight loss
- How stem cells (adult, not embryonic) can improve fat transfer
- New ways of performing a facelift
- New non-surgical uses for lasers
Over 360 companies will have booths to display and teach about new products such as new breast implants, new injectable fillers, body contouring technologies, and new skin care products.
The ASPS was founded in 1931 and now includes over 90 percent of all board-certified plastic surgeons in the U.S. It is the largest plastic surgery organization worldwide and holds its members to high ethical and professional standards. It offers continuing education for its members, including online education, special events, programs for doing volunteer work throughout the world, many publications, a job opportunity board, and much more.
Cosmetic surgery is plastic surgery done for cosmetic reasons rather than for reconstruction or medical reasons.
For the best in cosmetic surgery, both invasive and non-invasive, please call or email our office. We will be happy to set up a personal consultation for you.