New Study shows Breast Augmentation Satisfaction
A recent study of 225 breast augmentation patients showed 98 percent of them said their results met or exceeded their expectations. Other findings of the study include:
- 85 percent rated implant size “just right”
- 13 percent wished they would have gotten a larger size
- Less than 2 percent wished they would have gotten a smaller size
- 1 percent were dissatisfied with their scars
- 75 percent rated breast firmness “just right”
- More than 50 percent rated breast augmentation results at a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10
The average patient was 34, and most of them had saline breast implants with placement behind the muscle.
The study also seems to indicate there may be psychological benefits to breast augmentation. Ninety-two percent of the women said their self-esteem had improved since the procedure, and 64 percent reported an improved quality of life.
Before the procedure, 86 percent were self-conscious about their breasts, but after the procedure only 13 percent were still self-conscious.
Breast augmentation is not right for every women or every cosmetic breast goal. It is also important to have realistic expectations, and understand breast augmentation cannot fix a problem or change who you are. The only way to know if it is right for you is to speak to experienced plastic surgeon Dr. Vasdev Rai.
For a complimentary breast augmentation consultation in the Dallas, Fort Worth, Texas area, please contact the Cosmetic Surgical Center now.